|Package | PIN:||RSB | 40|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- DisplayPort™ Physical Layer Input Port to TMDS Physical Layer Output Port Supporting up to
3.4-Gbps Data Rates
- Support DisplayPort Dual-Mode Standard Version 1.1
- Support HDMI1.4b Transmitter Electrical Parameters
- Integrated TMDS Level Translator and CDR
- Adaptive Receiver Equalizer and Programmable Fixed Equalizer
- Selectable De-Emphasis
- Low Power Typical Consumption
- 390 mW at 3.4-Gbps Retimer
- 10 mW at Shutdown State
- Integrated DVI and HDMI Identification Recognition Dual Mode DP Type 2 Capability
- Active I2C Buffer
- Input Swap on Main Lanes
- I2C and Pin-Strap Programmable
- Industrial Temperature Range:
–40 to 85°C (SN65DP149)
- Extended Commercial Temperature Range:
0 to 85°C (SN75DP149)
- 40-Pin 0.4-mm Pitch, 5-mm × 5-mm WQFN
Texas Instruments SN65DP149RSBT
The SNx5DP149 device is a dual mode DisplayPort to transition-minimized differential signal (TMDS) retimer supporting digital video interface (DVI) 1.0 and high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) 1.4b output signals. The SNx5DP149 device supports the dual mode standard version 1.1 type 1 and type 2 through the DDC link. The SNx5DP149 device supports data rate up to 3.4-Gbps per data lane to support Ultra HD (4K × 2K / 30-Hz) 8-bits per color high-resolution video and HDTV with 16-bit color depth at 1080p (1920 × 1080 / 60-Hz). The SNx5DP149 device can automatically configure itself as a re-driver at data rates <1 Gbps, or as a retimer at more than this data rate. This feature can be turned off through I2C programming.
For signal integrity, the SNx5DP149 device implements several features. The SNx5DP149 receiver supports both adaptive and fixed equalization to clean up inter-symbol interference (ISI) jitter or loss from the bandwidth-limited board traces or cables. When working as a retimer, the embedded clock data recovery (CDR) cleans up the input high frequency and random jitter from video source. The transmitter provides several features for passing compliance and reducing system-level design issues like de-emphasis, which compensates for the attenuation when driving long cables or high-loss board traces. The SNx5DP149 device also includes TMDS output amplitude adjust using an external resistor on the Vsadj pin, source termination selection, and output slew rate control. Device operation and configuration can be programmed by pin strapping or I2C.
The SNx5DP149 device implements several methods for power management and active power reduction.
The SNx5DP149 receiver comes in a 40-pin RSB supporting space-constrained applications.
The SN65DP149 device is characterized for an industrial operational temperature range from –40°C to 85°C.
The SN75DP149 device is characterized for an extended commercial operational temperature range from 0°C to 85°C.