|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Improved Replacement for the TJA1050
- High Electromagnetic Immunity (EMI)
- Very Low Electromagnetic Emissions (EME)
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of
- CAN Bus-Fault Protection of 27 V to 40 V
- Dominant Time-Out Function
- Power-Up and Power-Down Glitch-Free CAN Bus
Inputs and Outputs
- High Input Impedance With Low VCC
- Monotonic Outputs During Power Cycling
- Industrial Automation
- DeviceNet™ Data Buses (Vendor ID #806)
- SAE J2284 High-Speed CAN Bus for Automotive
- SAE J1939 Standard Data Bus Interface
- ISO 11783 Standard Data Bus Interface
- NMEA 2000 Standard Data Bus Interface
- Industrial Automation
(1) The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage transitions that are made per second expressed in the units bps (bits per second).All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments SN65HVD1050DR
The SN65HVD1050 meets or exceeds the specifications of the ISO 11898 standard for use in applications employing a Controller Area Network (CAN).
As a CAN transceiver, this device provides differential transmit capability to the bus and differential receive capability to a CAN controller at signaling rates up to 1 megabit per second (Mbps)(1)
The SN65HVD1050 is designed for operation in especially harsh environments. As a result, the device features cross-wire, overvoltage and loss of ground protection from 27 V to 40 V, overtemperature shutdown, a 12-V to 12-V common-mode range, and will withstand voltage transients from 200 V to 200 V according to ISO 7637.
Pin 8 provides for two different modes of operation: high-speed or silent mode. The high-speed mode of operation is selected by connecting S (pin 8) to ground.
If a high logic level is applied to the S pin of the SN65HVD1050, the device enters a listen-only silent mode during which the driver is switched off while the receiver remains fully functional.
In silent mode, all bus activity is passed by the receiver output to the local protocol controller. When data transmission is required, the local protocol controller reverses this low-current silent mode by placing a logic-low on the S pin to resume full operation.
A dominant time-out circuit in the SN65HVD1050 prevents the driver from blocking network communication with a hardware or software failure. The time-out circuit is triggered by a falling edge on TXD (pin 1). If no rising edge is seen before the time-out constant of the circuit expires, the driver is disabled. The circuit is then reset by the next rising edge on TXD.
Vref (pin 5) is available as a VCC/2 voltage reference to stabilize the output common mode voltage point.
The SN65HVD1050 is characterized for operation from 40°C to 125°C.