|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 1/8 Unit-Load Options Available
- Up to 256 Nodes on the Bus
- Bus I/O Protection
- > ±30 kV HBM protection
- > ±16 kV IEC61000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- > ±4 kV IEC61000-4-4 Fast Transient Burst
- Extended Industrial Temperature Range:
–40°C to 125°C
- Large Receiver Hysteresis (70 mV) for Noise Rejection
- Low Power Consumption
- < 1.1 mA Quiescent Current During Operation
- Low Standby Supply Current: 10 nA Typical,
< 5 µA (maximum)
- Glitch-Free Power-Up and Power-Down Protection for
- 5-V Tolerant Logic Inputs Compatible With 3.3-V or
- Signaling Rate Options Optimized for:
400 kbps (1470, 1471), 20 Mbps (1473, 1474),
50 Mbps (1476, 1477)
Texas Instruments SN65HVD1471DR
The SN65HVD147x family of full-duplex transceivers feature the highest ESD protection in the RS-485 portfolio, supporting ±16-kV IEC61000-4-2 contact discharge and > ±30-kV HBM ESD protection. These RS-485 transceivers have robust 3.3-V drivers and receivers and are offered in a standard SOIC package as well as in a small-footprint MSOP package. The large receiver hysteresis of the SN65HVD147x devices provides immunity to conducted differential noise and the wide operating temperature enables reliability in harsh operating environments.
These devices each combine a differential driver and a differential receiver, which operate from a single 3.3-V power supply. Each driver and receiver has separate input and output pins for full-duplex bus communication designs. These devices all feature a wide common-mode voltage range which makes the devices suitable for multi-point applications over long cable runs.
The SN65HVD1471, SN65HVD1474, and SN65HVD1477 devices are fully enabled with no external enabling pins.
The SN65HVD1470, SN65HVD1473, and SN65HVD1476 devices have active-high driver enables and active-low receiver enables. A low, less than 5-µA standby current can be achieved by disabling both the driver and receiver.
These devices are characterized from –40°C to 125°C.