|Package | PIN:||DGS | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Low Quiescent Power
- 375 µA (Typical) Enabled Mode
- 2 nA (Typical) Shutdown Mode
- Small MSOP Package
- 1/8 Unit-Load—Up to 256 Nodes per Bus
- 16 kV Bus-Pin ESD Protection, 6 kV All Pins
- Failsafe Receiver (Bus Open, Short, Idle)
- TIA/EIA-485A Standard Compliant
- RS-422 Compatible
- Power-Up, Power-Down Glitch-Free Operation
- Motion Controllers
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Terminals
- Rack-to-Rack Communications
- Industrial Networks
- Power Inverters
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Building Automation
Texas Instruments SN65HVD3080EDGS
Each of these devices is a balanced driver and receiver designed for full-duplex RS-485 or RS-422 data bus networks. Powered by a 5-V supply, they are fully compliant with the TIA/EIA-485A standard.
With controlled bus output transition times, the devices are suitable for signaling rates from 200 kbps to 20 Mbps.
The devices are designed to operate with a low supply current, less than 1 mA (typical), exclusive of the load. When in the inactive shutdown mode, the supply current drops to a few nanoamps, making these devices ideal for power-sensitive applications.
The wide common-mode range and high ESD protection levels of these devices make them suitable for demanding applications such as motion controllers, electrical inverters, industrial networks, and cabled chassis interconnects where noise tolerance is essential.
These devices are characterized for operation over the temperature range 40°C to 85°C