|Package | PIN:||D | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 1/8 Unit-Load Option Available (Up to 256 Nodes on the Bus)
- Bus-Pin ESD Protection Exceeds 15 kV HBM
- Optional Driver Output Transition Times for Signaling Rates(1) of 1 Mbps, 5 Mbps and 25 Mbps
- Low-Current Standby Mode < 1 µA
- Glitch-Free Power-Up and Power-Down Bus I/Os
- Bus Idle, Open, and Short Circuit Failsafe
- Designed for RS-422 and RS485 Networks
- 3.3-V Devices Available, SN65HVD30-35
- Utility Meters
- Chassis-to-Chassis Interconnects
- DTE/DCE Interfaces
- Industrial, Process, and Building Automation
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Terminals and Networks
(1)The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage transitions that are made per second expressed in the units bps (bits per second).
Texas Instruments SN65HVD55DR
The SN65HVD5X devices are 3-state differential line drivers and differential-input line receivers that operate with a 5-V power supply. Each driver and receiver has separate input and output pins for full-duplex bus communication designs. They are designed for balanced transmission lines and interoperation with ANSI TIA/EIA-485A, TIA/EIA-422-B, ITU-T v.11 and ISO 8482:1993 standard-compliant devices.
The SN65HVD50, SN65HVD51, and SN65HVD52 are fully enabled with no external enabling pins.
The SN65HVD53, SN65HVD54, and SN65HVD55 have active-high driver enables and active-low receiver enables. A low, less than 1 µA, standby current is achieved by disabling both the driver and receiver.
All devices are characterized for operation from –40°C to 85°C.
The high output feature of the SN65HVD5x provides more noise margin than the typical RS-485 drivers. The extra noise margin makes applications in long cable and harsh noise environments possible.