|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Exceeds Requirements of EIA-485 Standard
- Bus-Polarity Correction Within 76 ms (tFS)
- Data Rate: 300 bps to 250 kbps
- Works With Two Configurations:
- Failsafe Resistors Only
- Failsafe andDifferential Termination Resistors
- Up to 256 Nodes on a Bus (1/8 Unit Load)
- SOIC-8 Package for Backward Compatibility
- Bus-Pin Protection:
- ±16 kV HBMprotection
- ±12 kV IEC61000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- +4 kVIEC61000-4-4 Fast Transient Burst
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments SN65HVD888DR
The SN65HVD888 is a low-power RS-485 transceiver with automatic bus-polarity correctionand transient protection. Upon hot plug-in, the device detects and corrects the bus polarity withinthe first 76 ms of bus idling. On-chip transient protection protects the device against IEC61000ESD and EFT transients. This device has robust drivers and receivers for demanding industrialapplications. The bus pins are robust to electrostatic discharge (ESD) events, with high levels ofprotection to Human-Body Model (HBM), Air-Gap Discharge, and Contact Discharge specifications.
The device combines a differential driver and a differential receiver, which operatetogether from a single 5-V power supply. The driver differential outputs and the receiverdifferential inputs are connected internally to form a bus port suitable for half-duplex (two-wirebus) communication. The device features a wide common-mode voltage range making the device suitablefor multi-point applications over long cable runs. The SN65HVD888 is available in an SOIC-8package, and is characterized from –40°C to 125°C.