|Package | PIN:||DB | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Three Differential Transceivers in One Package
- Signaling Rates1 Up to 30 Mbps
- Low Power and High Speed
- Designed for TIA/EIA-485, TIA/EIA-422, ISO 8482, and ANSI X3.277 (HVD SCSI Fast-20) Applications
- Common-Mode Bus Voltage Range -7Vto12 V
- ESD Protection on Bus Terminals Exceeds12 kV
- Driver Output Current up to ± 60 mA
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Driver Positive and Negative Current Limiting
- Power-Up, Power-Down Glitch-Free Operation
- Pin-Compatible With the SN75ALS171
- Available in Shrink Small-Outline Package
1The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage transitions that are made per second expressed in the units bps (bits per second).
Texas Instruments SN65LBC171DB
The SN65LBC171 and SN75LBC171 are monolithic integrated circuits designed for bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus-transmission lines. Potential applications include serial or parallel data transmission, cabled peripheral buses with twin axial, ribbon, or twisted-pair cabling. These devices are suitable for FAST-20 SCSI and can transmit or receive data pulses as short as 25 ns, with skew less than 3 ns.
These devices combine three 3-state differential line drivers and three differential input line receivers, all of which operate from a single 5-V power supply.
The driver differential outputs and the receiver differential inputs are connected internally to form three differential input/output (I/O) bus ports that are designed to offer minimum loading to the bus whenever the driver is disabled or VCC = 0. These ports feature a wide common-mode voltage range making the device suitable for party-line applications over long cable runs.
The SN75LBC171 is characterized for operation over the temperature range of 0°C to 70°C. The SN65LBC171 is characterized for operation over the temperature range of -40°C to 85°C.