|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Designed for TIA/EIA-485, TIA/EIA-422, andISO 8482 Applications
- Signaling Rates up to 30 Mbps
- Propagation Delay Times <11 ns
- Low Standby Power Consumption
1.5 mA Max
- Output ESD Protection 12 kV
- Driver Positive- and Negative-Current Limiting
- Power-Up and Power-Down Glitch-Free for Live Insertion Applications
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Industry Standard Pin-Out, Compatible With SN75172, AM26LS31, DS96172, LTC486, and MAX3045
LinBiCMOS is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage transitions that are made per second expressed in the units bps (bits per second).
Texas Instruments SN65LBC172ADW
The SN65LBC172A and SN75LBC172A are quadruple differential line drivers with 3-state outputs, designed for TIA/EIA-485 (RS-485), TIA/EIA-422 (RS-422), and ISO 8482 applications.
These devices are optimized for balanced multipoint bus transmission at signalling rates up to 30 million bits per second. The transmission media may be printed-circuit board traces, backplanes, or cables. The ultimate rate and distance of data transfer is dependent upon the attenuation characteristics of the media and the noise coupling to the environment.
Each driver features current limiting and thermal-shutdown circuitry making it suitable for high-speed mulitpoint data transmission applications in noisy environments. These devices are designed using LinBiCMOS, facilitating low power consumption and robustness.
The G and G inputs provide driver enable control using either positive or negative logic. When disabled or powered off, the driver outputs present a high-impedance to the bus for reduced system loading.
The SN75LBC172A is characterized for operation over the temperature range of 0°C to 70°C. The SN65LBC172A is characterized over the temperature range from -40°C to 85°C.