|Package | PIN:||DW | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Designed for TIA/EIA-485, TIA/EIA-422 and
ISO 8482 Applications
- Signaling Rates(1) up to 30 Mbps
- Propagation Delay Times < 11 ns
- Low Standby Power Consumption 1.5-mA Max
- Output ESD Protection: 12 kV
- Driver Positive- and Negative-Current Limiting
- Power-Up and Power-Down Glitch-Free for Line Insertion Applications
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Industry Standard Pin-Out, Compatible With SN75174, MC3487, DS96174, LTC487, and MAX3042
(1) The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage transitions that are made per second expressed in the units bps (bits per second).
LinBiCMOS Is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments SN65LBC174A16DW
The SN65LBC174A and SN75LBC174A are quadruple differential line drivers with 3-state outputs, designed for TIA/EIA-485 (RS-485), TIA/EIA-422 (RS-422), and ISO 8482 applications.
These devices are optimized for balanced multipoint bus transmission at signaling rates up to 30 million bits per second. The transmission media may be printed-circuit board traces, backplanes, or cables. The ultimate rate and distance of data transfer is dependent upon the attenuation characteristics of the media and the noise coupling to the environment.
Each driver features current limiting and thermal-shutdown circuitry making it suitable for high-speed multipoint applications in noisy environments. These devices are designed using LinBiCMOS, facilitating low power consumption and robustness.
The two EN inputs provide pair-wise driver enabling, or can be externally tied together to provide enable control of all four drivers with one signal. When disabled or powered off, the driver outputs present a high-impedance to the bus for reduced system loading.
The SN75LBC174A is characterized for operation over the temperature range of 0°C to 70°C. The SN65LBC174A is characterized for operation over the temperature range of 40°C to 85°C.