|Package | PIN:||TSSOP (DGG) | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 3:21 Data Channel Compression at up to
1.428 Gigabits/s Throughput
- Suited for Point-to-Point Subsystem Communication With Very Low EMI
- 21 Data Channels Plus Clock in Low-Voltage TTL and 3 Data Channels Plus
Clock Out Low-Voltage Differential
- Operates From a Single 3.3-V Supply and
250 mW (Typ)
- 5-V Tolerant Data Inputs
- LVDS95 Has Rising Clock Edge Triggered Inputs
- Bus Pins Tolerate 6-kV HBM ESD
- Packaged in Thin Shrink Small-Outline Package With 20 Mil Terminal Pitch
- Consumes <1 mW When Disabled
- Wide Phase-Lock Input Frequency Range
20 MHz to 68 MHz
- No External Components Required for PLL
- Inputs Meet or Exceed the Requirements of ANSI EIA/TIA-644 Standard
- Industrial Temperature Qualified
TA = 40°C to 85°C
- Replacement for the National DS90CR215
Texas Instruments SN65LVDS95DGG
The SN65LVDS95 LVDS serdes (serializer/deserializer) transmitter contains three 7-bit parallel-load serial-out shift registers, a 7× clock synthesizer, and four low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) line drivers in a single integrated circuit. These functions allow 21 bits of single-ended LVTTL data to be synchronously transmitted over 4 balanced-pair conductors for receipt by a compatible receiver, such as the SN65LVDS96.
When transmitting, data bits D0 through D20 are each loaded into registers of the SN65LVDS95 on the rising edge of the input clock signal (CLKIN). The frequency of CLKIN is multiplied seven times and then used to serially unload the data registers in 7-bit slices. The three serial streams and a phase-locked clock (CLKOUT) are then output to LVDS output drivers. The frequency of CLKOUT is the same as the input clock, CLKIN.
The SN65LVDS95 requires no external components and little or no control. The data bus appears the same at the input to the transmitter and output of the receiver with data transmission transparent to the user(s). The only user intervention is the possible use of the shutdown/clear (SHTDN) active-low input to inhibit the clock and shut off the LVDS output drivers for lower power consumption. A low level on this signal clears all internal registers to a low level.
The SN65LVDS95 is characterized for operation over ambient air temperatures of 40°C to 85°C.