|Package | PIN:||DL | 56|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Members of the Texas Instruments WidebusTM Family
- State-of-the-Art EPIC-II BTM BiCMOS Design Significantly Reduces Power Dissipation
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 500 mA Per JESD 17
- Typical VOLP (Output Ground Bounce) < 1 V at VCC = 5 V, TA = 25°C
- Distributed VCC and GND Pin Configuration Minimizes High-Speed Switching Noise
- Flow-Through Architecture Optimizes PCB Layout
- High-Drive Outputs (-32-mA IOH, 64-mA IOL)
- Package Options Include Plastic Shrink Small-Outline (DL), Thin Shrink Small-Outline (DGG) Packages and 380-mil Fine-Pitch Ceramic Flat (WD) Package Using 25-mil Center-to-Center Spacings
Widebus and EPIC-IIB are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments SN74ABT16646DLR
The 'ABT16646 devices consist of bus-transceiver circuits, D-type flip-flops, and control circuitry arranged for multiplexed transmission of data directly from the input bus or from the internal registers.
These devices can be used as two 8-bit transceivers or one 16-bit transceiver. Data on the A or B bus is clocked into the registers on the low-to-high transition of the appropriate clock (CLKAB or CLKBA) input. Figure 1 illustrates the four fundamental bus-management functions that can be performed with the 'ABT16646 devices.
Output-enable (OE\) and direction-control (DIR) inputs are provided to control the transceiver functions. In the transceiver mode, data present at the high-impedance port may be stored in either register or in both. The select-control (SAB and SBA) inputs can multiplex stored and real-time (transparent mode) data. The circuitry used for select control eliminates the typical decoding glitch that occurs in a multiplexer during the transition between stored and real-time data. The direction control (DIR) determines which bus receives data when OE\ is low. In the isolation mode (OE\ high), A data can be stored in one register and/or B data can be stored in the other register.
When an output function is disabled, the input function is still enabled and can be used to store and transmit data. Only one of the two buses, A or B, can be driven at a time.
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or power down, OE\ should be tied to VCC through a pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver.
The SN54ABT16646 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of -55°C to 125°C. The SN74ABT16646 is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.