|Package | PIN:||DL | 56|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Members of the Texas Instruments WidebusTM Family
- State-of-the-Art EPIC-IIBTM BiCMOS Design Significantly Reduces Power Dissipation
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 500 mA Per JEDEC Standard JESD-17
- Typical VOLP (Output Ground Bounce) < 1 V at VCC = 5 V, TA = 25°C
- Distributed VCC and GND Pin Configuration Minimizes High-Speed Switching Noise
- Flow-Through Architecture Optimizes PCB Layout
- High-Drive Outputs (-32-mA IOH, 64-mA IOL)
- Package Options Include Plastic 300-mil Shrink Small-Outline (DL) Package and 380-mil Fine-Pitch Ceramic Flat (WD) Package Using 25-mil Center-to-Center Spacings
Widebus and EPIC-IIB are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments SN74ABT16652DLR
The 'ABT16652 are 16-bit bus transceivers that consist of D-type flip-flops and control circuitry arranged for multiplexed transmission of data directly from the data bus or from the internal storage registers. These devices can be used as two 8-bit transceivers or one 16-bit transceiver.
Output-enable (OEAB and ) inputs are provided to control the transceiver functions. Select-control (SAB and SBA) inputs are provided to select whether real-time or stored data is transferred. The circuitry used for select control eliminates the typical decoding glitch that occurs in a multiplexer during the transition between stored and real-time data. A low input selects real-time data, and a high input selects stored data. Figure 1 illustrates the four fundamental bus-management functions that can be performed with the 'ABT16652.
Data on the A- or B-data bus, or both, can be stored in the internal D-type flip-flops by low-to-high transitions at the appropriate clock (CLKAB or CLKBA) inputs regardless of the select- or enable-control inputs. When SAB and SBA are in the real-time transfer mode, it is possible to store data without using the internal D-type flip-flops by simultaneously enabling OEAB and . In this configuration, each output reinforces its input. When all other data sources to the two sets of bus lines are at high impedance, each set of bus lines remains at its last state.
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or power down, should be tied to VCC through a pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver (B to A). OEAB should be tied to GND through a pulldown resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sourcing capability of the driver (A to B).
The SN54ABT16652 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of -55°C to 125°C. The SN74ABT16652 is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.