|Package | PIN:||DL | 56|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Members of the Texas Instruments WidebusTM Family
- State-of-the-Art EPIC-II BTM BiCMOS Design Significantly Reduces Power Dissipation
- ESD Protection Exceeds 2000 V Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015; Exceeds 200 V Using Machine Model (C = 200 pF, R = 0)
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 500 mA Per JEDEC Standard JESD-17
- Typical VOLP (Output Ground Bounce) < 0.8 V at VCC = 5 V, TA = 25°C
- High-Impedance State During Power Up and Power Down
- Distributed VCC and GND Pin Configuration Minimizes High-Speed Switching Noise
- Flow-Through Architecture Optimizes PCB Layout
- High-Drive Outputs (-32-mA IOH, 64-mA IOL)
- Package Options Include Plastic 300-mil Shrink Small-Outline (DL) Package and 380-mil Fine-Pitch Ceramic Flat (WD) Package Using 25-mil Center-to-Center Spacings
Widebus and EPIC-IIB are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments SN74ABT16841DL
These 20-bit latches feature 3-state outputs designed specifically for driving highly capacitive or relatively low-impedance loads. They are particularly suitable for implementing buffer registers, I/O ports, bidirectional bus drivers, and working registers.
The 'ABT16841 can be used as two 10-bit latches or one 20-bit latch. The 20 transparent D-type latches provide true data at the outputs. While the latch-enable (1LE or 2LE) input is high, the Q outputs of the corresponding 10-bit latch follow the D inputs. When LE is taken low, the Q outputs are latched at the levels set up at the D inputs.
A buffered output-enable (1OE\ or 2OE\) input can be used to place the outputs of the corresponding 10-bit latch in either a normal logic state (high or low logic levels) or a high-impedance state. In the high-impedance state, the outputs neither load nor drive the bus lines significantly.
The output-enable input does not affect the internal operation of the latches. Old data can be retained or new data can be entered while the outputs are in the high-impedance state.
When VCC is between 0 and 2.1 V, the device is in the high-impedance state during power up or power down. However, to ensure the high-impedance state above 2.1 V, OE\ should be tied to VCC through a pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver.
The SN54ABT16841 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of -55°C to 125°C. The SN74ABT16841 is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.