|Package | PIN:||DW | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- State-of-the-Art EPIC-II BTM BiCMOS Design Significantly Reduces Power Dissipation
- ESD Protection Exceeds 2000 V Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 500 mA Per JEDEC Standard JESD-17
- Typical VOLP (Output Ground Bounce) < 1 V at VCC = 5 V, TA = 25°C
- High-Impedance State During Power Up and Power Down
- High-Drive Outputs (-32-mA IOH, 64-mA IOL)
- Package Options Include Plastic Small-Outline (DW) and Shrink Small-Outline (DB) Packages, Ceramic Chip Carriers (FK), Ceramic Flat (W) Package, and Plastic (NT) and Ceramic (JT) DIPs
EPIC-IIB is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments SN74ABT821ADWR
These 10-bit flip-flops feature 3-state outputs designed specifically for driving highly capacitive or relatively low-impedance loads. They are particularly suitable for implementing wider buffer registers, I/O ports, bidirectional bus drivers with parity, and working registers.
The ten flip-flops are edge-triggered D-type flip-flops. On the positive transition of the clock (CLK) input, the devices provide true data at the Q outputs.
A buffered output-enable (OE\) input can be used to place the ten outputs in either a normal logic state (high or low logic levels) or a high-impedance state. In the high-impedance state, the outputs neither load nor drive the bus lines significantly. The high-impedance state and increased drive provide the capability to drive bus lines without need for interface or pullup components.
OE\ does not affect the internal operations of the latch. Previously stored data can be retained or new data can be entered while the outputs are in the high-impedance state.
When VCC is between 0 and 2.1 V, the device is in the high-impedance state during power up or power down. However, to ensure the high-impedance state above 2.1 V, OE\ should be tied to VCC through a pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver.
The SN54ABT821 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of -55°C to 125°C. The SN74ABT821A is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.