|Package | PIN:||DW | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- State-of-the-Art EPIC-IIBTM BiCMOS Design Significantly Reduces Power Dissipation
- ESD Protection Exceeds 2000 V Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015; Exceeds 200 V Using Machine Model (C = 200 pF, R = 0)
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 500 mA Per JEDEC Standard JESD-17
- Typical VOLP (Output Ground Bounce) < 1 V at VCC = 5 V, TA = 25°C
- High-Drive Outputs (-32-mA IOH, 64-mA IOL)
- Parity Error Flag With Parity Generator/Checker
- Register for Storage of the Parity Error Flag
- Package Options Include Plastic Small-Outline (DW) Packages, Ceramic Chip Carriers (FK), and Plastic (NT) and Ceramic (JT) DIPs
EPIC-IIB is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments SN74ABT833DW
The 'ABT833 8-bit to 9-bit parity transceivers are designed for communication between data buses. When data is transmitted from the A bus to the B bus, a parity bit is generated. When data is transmitted from the B bus to the A bus with its corresponding parity bit, the open-collector parity-error () output indicates whether or not an error in the B data has occurred. The output-enable ( and ) inputs can be used to disable the device so that the buses are effectively isolated. The 'ABT833 provide true data at their outputs.
A 9-bit parity generator/checker generates a parity-odd (PARITY) output and monitors the parity of the I/O ports with the flag. is clocked into the register on the rising edge of the clock (CLK) input. The error flag register is cleared with a low pulse on the clear () input. When both and are low, data is transferred from the A bus to the B bus and inverted parity is generated. Inverted parity is a forced error condition that gives the designer more system diagnostic capability.
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or power down, should be tied to VCC through a pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver.
The SN54ABT833 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of -55°C to 125°C. The SN74ABT833 is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.