|Package | PIN:||DGG | 56|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Member of the Texas Instruments Widebus Family
- EPIC (Enhanced-Performance Implanted CMOS) Submicron Process
- ESD Protection Exceeds 2000 V Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015; Exceeds 200 V Using Machine Model (C = 200 pF, R = 0)
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 250 mA Per JESD 17
- Bus Hold on Data Inputs Eliminates the Need for External Pullup/Pulldown Resistors
- Package Options Include Plastic 300-mil Shrink Small-Outline (DL), Thin Shrink Small-Outline (DGG), and Thin Very Small-Outline (DGV) Packages
Widebus, EPIC are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments SN74ALVCH16646DGGR
This 16-bit bus transceiver and register is designed for 1.65-V to 3.6-V VCC operation.
The SN74ALVCH16646 can be used as two 8-bit transceivers or one 16-bit transceiver. Data on the A or B bus is clocked into the registers on the low-to-high transition of the appropriate clock (CLKAB or CLKBA) input. Figure 1 illustrates the four fundamental bus-management functions that can be performed with the SN74ALVCH16646.
Output-enable (OE\) and direction-control (DIR) inputs are provided to control the transceiver functions. In the transceiver mode, data present at the high-impedance port may be stored in either register or in both. The select-control (SAB and SBA) inputs can multiplex stored and real-time (transparent mode) data. The circuitry used for select control eliminates the typical decoding glitch that occurs in a multiplexer during the transition between stored and real-time data. DIR determines which bus receives data when OE\ is low. In the isolation mode (OE\ high), A data may be stored in one register and/or B data may be stored in the other register.
When an output function is disabled, the input function is still enabled and may be used to store and transmit data. Only one of the two buses, A or B, can be driven at a time.
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or power down, OE\ should be tied to VCC through a pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver.
Active bus-hold circuitry is provided to hold unused or floating data inputs at a valid logic level.
The SN74ALVCH16646 is characterized for operation from 40°C to 85°C.