|Package | PIN:||ZQC | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Transceiver for Memory Card Interface [MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure Digital (SD), Memory Stick Compliant Products, SmartMedia Card, and xD-Picture Card]
- Configurable I/O Switching Levels With Dual-Supply Pins Operating Over Full 1.4-V to 3.6-V Power-Supply Range
- For Low-Power Operation, A Ports Are Placed in High-Impedance State When Card-Side Supply Voltage Is Switched Off
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II
- ESD Protection for Card-Side Pins (B Port)
- ±15 kV (±12 kV on Pin 14B) - IEC 61000-4-2 ESD, Air-Gap Discharge
- ±8 kV - IEC 61000-4-2 ESD, Contact Discharge
- ESD Protection for A-Port Pins (Tested Per JESD 22) Exceeds
- 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-B
- 1000-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments SN74AVCA406ZQCR
The SN74AVCA406 is a transceiver for interfacing microprocessors with MultiMediaCards (MMCs), secure digital (SD) cards, Memory Stick compliant products, SmartMedia cards, or xD-Picture Cards. It integrates high ESD protection, which eliminates the need for external ESD diodes. Two supply-voltage pins allow the A-port and B-port input switching thresholds to be configured separately. The A port is designed to track VCCA, while the B port is designed to track VCCB0 and VCCB1. VCCA ,VCCB0 and VCCB1 can accept any supply voltage from 1.4 V to 3.6 V.
Memory card standards recommend high ESD protection for devices that connect directly to the external memory card. To meet this need, the SN74AVCA406 incorporates ±15-kV air-gap discharge and ±8-kV contact discharge protection on the card side. If VCCB0 and VCCB1 are switched off (no card inserted), the A-port outputs are placed in the high-impedance state to conserve power.
The SN74AVCA406 enables system designers to easily interface low-voltage microprocessors to different memory cards operating at higher voltages. The mode (MODE0 and MODE1) pins are used to configure the device to interface with different types of cards.
The SN74AVCA406 is offered in the 48-ball MicroStar Jr. ball grid array (BGA) package. This package has dimensions of 4 × 4 mm, with a 0.5-mm ball pitch for effective board-space savings. Memory cards are widely used in mobile phones, PDAs, digital cameras, personal media players, camcorders, set-top boxes, etc. Low static power consumption and small package size make the SN74AVCA406 an ideal choice for these applications.