|Package | PIN:||D | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operating Voltage Range of 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Outputs Can Drive Up To 10 LSTTL Loads
- Low Power Consumption, 80-µA Max ICC
- Typical tpd = 17 ns
- ±4-mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current of 1 µA Max
- Inputs Are TTL-Voltage Compatible
- Designed Specifically for High-Speed Memory Decoders and Data Transmission Systems
- Incorporate Three Enable Inputs to Simplify Cascading and/or Data Reception
Texas Instruments SN74HCT138DT
The HCT138 devices are designed for high-performance memory-decoding or data-routing applications requiring very short propagation delay times. In high-performance memory systems, these decoders can minimize the effects of system decoding. When employed with high-speed memories utilizing a fast enable circuit, the delay times of these decoders and the enable time of the memory usually are less than the typical access time of the memory. This means that the effective system delay introduced by the decoders is negligible.
The conditions at the binary-select inputs and the three enable inputs select one of eight output lines. Two active-low (G)\ and one active-high (G) enable inputs reduce the need for external gates or inverters when expanding. A 24-line decoder can be implemented without external inverters, and a 32-line decoder requires only one inverter. An enable input can be used as a data input for demultiplexing applications.