|Package | PIN:||N | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operating Voltage Range of 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- High-Current 3-State True Outputs Can Drive Up To 15 LSTTL Loads
- Low Power Consumption, 80-µA Max ICC
- Typical tpd = 22 ns
- ±6-mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current of 1 µA Max
- Inputs Are TTL-Voltage Compatible
- Eight D-Type Flip-Flops in a Single Package
- Full Parallel Access for Loading
Texas Instruments SN74HCT374N
These 8-bit flip-flops feature 3-state outputs designed specifically for driving highly capacitive or relatively low-impedance loads. They are particularly suitable for implementing buffer registers, I/O ports, bidirectional bus drivers, and working registers.
The eight flip-flops of the HCT374 devices are edge-triggered D-type flip-flops. On the positive transition of the clock (CLK) input, the Q outputs are set to the logic levels that were set up at the data (D) inputs.
An output-enable (OE)\ input places the eight outputs in either a normal logic state (high or low logic levels) or the high-impedance state. In the high-impedance state, the outputs neither load nor drive the bus lines significantly. The high-impedance state and increased drive provide the capability to drive bus lines without interface or pullup components.
(OE)\ does not affect the internal operations of the flip-flops. Old data can be retained or new data can be entered while the outputs are in the high-impedance state.