|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operating Voltage Range of 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Low Power Consumption, 80-µA Max ICC
- Typical tpd = 12 ns
- ±6-mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current of 1 µA Max
- Inputs Are TTL-Voltage Compatible
- High-Current 3-State Outputs Interface Directly With System Bus or Can Drive Up To 15 LSTTL Loads
- Data Flow-Through Pinout (All Inputs on Opposite Side From Outputs)
Texas Instruments SN74HCT540DW
These octal buffers and line drivers are designed to have the performance of the HCT240 devices and a pinout with inputs and outputs on opposite sides of the package. This arrangement greatly facilitates printed circuit board layout.
The 3-state control gate is a 2-input NOR. If either output-enable (OE1\ or OE2\) input is high, all eight outputs are in the high-impedance state. The HCT540 devices provide inverted data at the outputs.
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or power down, OE\ should be tied to VCC through a pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver.