|Package | PIN:||N | 16|
|Temp:||S (-20 to 85)|
- Meet or Exceed the Requirements of ANSI Standards TIA/EIA-422-B and TIA/EIA-485-A and ITU Recommendations V.10 and V.11
- Designed for Multipoint Bus Transmission on Long Bus Lines in Noise Environments
- Driver Positive- and Negative-Current Limiting
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Driver 3-State Outputs
- Receiver Common-Mode Input Voltage Range of -12 V to 12 V
- Receiver Input Sensitivity...±200 mV
- Receiver Hysteresis...50 mV Typ
- Receiver Input Impedance...12k Min
- Receiver 3-State Outputs (SN751177 Only)
- Operate From Single 5-V Supply
Texas Instruments SN751178N
The SN751177 and SN751178 dual differential drivers and receivers are monolithic integrated circuits that are designed for balanced multipoint bus transmission at rates up to 10 Mbit/s. They are designed to improve the performance of full-duplex data communications over long bus lines and meet ANSI Standards TIA/EIA-422-B and TIA/EIA-485-A and ITU Recommendations V.10 and V.11.
The SN751177 and SN751178 driver outputs provide limiting for both positive and negative currents and thermal-shutdown protection from line-fault conditions on the transmission bus line.
The receiver features high input impedance of at least 12k , an input sensitivity of ±200 mV over a common-mode input voltage range of -12 V to 12 V, and typical input hysteresis of 50 mV. Fail-safe design ensures that if the receiver inputs are open, the receiver outputs always will be high.
The SN751177 and SN751178 are characterized for operation from -20°C to 85°C.