|Package | PIN:||NS | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Designed for Digital Data Transmission Over 50- Coaxial Cable, Strip Line, or Twisted Pair
- High Speed
- tpd = 20 ns Maximum at CL = 15 pF
- TTL Compatible With Single 5-V Supply
- 2.4-V Output at IOH = -75 mA
- Uncommitted Emitter-Follower Output Structure for Party-Line Operation
- Short-Circuit Protection
- AND-OR Logic Configuration
- Designed for Use With Triple Line Receivers SN55122, SN75122
- Designed to Be Interchangeable With Signetics N8T13
Texas Instruments SN75121NSR
The SN55121 and SN75121 dual line drivers are designed for digital data transmission over lines having impedances from 50 to 500 . They are also compatible with standard TTL logic and supply-voltage levels.
The low-impedance emitter-follower outputs of the SN55121 and SN75121 can drive terminated lines such as coaxial cable or twisted pair. Having the outputs uncommitted allows wired-OR logic to be performed in party-line applications. Output short-circuit protection is provided by an internal clamping network that turns on when the output voltage drops below approximately 1.5 V. All of the inputs are in conventional TTL configuration and the gating can be used during power-up and power-down sequences to ensure that no noise is introduced to the line.
The SN55121 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of -55°C to 125°C. The SN75121 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.
H = high level, L = low level, X = irrelevant