|Package | PIN:||NS | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of ANSI Standard EIA/TIA-232-E and ITU Recommendation V.28
- Input Resistance . . . 3 k Over Full EIA/TIA-232-E Voltage Range
- Input Threshold Adjustable to Meet Fail-Safe Requirements Without Using External Components
- Built-In Hysteresis for Increased Noise Immunity
- Inverting Output Compatible With TTL
- Output With Active Pullup for Symmetrical Switching Speeds
- Standard Supply Voltages . . . 5 V or 12 V
Texas Instruments SN75154NSR
The SN75154 is a monolithic low-power Schottky line receiver designed to satisfy the requirements of the standard interface between data terminal equipment and data communication equipment as defined by ANSI Standard EIA/TIA-232-E. Other applications are for relatively short, single-line, point-to-point data transmission and for level translators. Operation is normally from a single 5-V supply; however, a built-in option allows operation from a 12-V supply without the use of additional components. The output is compatible with most TTL circuits when either supply voltage is used.
In normal operation, the threshold-control terminals are connected to the VCC1 terminal, even if power is being supplied via the alternate VCC2 terminal. This provides a wide hysteresis loop, which is the difference between the positive-going and negative-going threshold voltages. See typical characteristics. In this mode of operation, if the input voltage goes to zero, the output voltage will remain at the low or high level as determined by the previous input.
For fail-safe operation, the threshold-control terminals are open. This reduces the hysteresis loop by causing the negative-going threshold voltage to be above zero. The positive-going threshold voltage remains above zero as it is unaffected by the disposition of the threshold terminals. In the fail-safe mode, if the input voltage goes to zero or an open-circuit condition, the output will go to the high level regardless of the previous input condition.
The SN75154 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.