|Package | PIN:||N | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of IBM® 360/370 Input/Output Interface Specification for 4.5-Mb/s Operation
- Single 5-V Supply
- Uncommitted Emitter-Follower Output Structure for Party-Line Operation
- Driver Output Short-Circuit Protection
- Driver Input/Receiver Output Compatible With TTL
- Receiver Input Resistance . . . 7.4 k
- Ratio Specification for Propagation Delay Time, Low to High/High to Low
IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
Texas Instruments SN751730N
The SN751730 triple line driver/receiver is specifically designed to meet the input/output interface specifications for IBM System 360/370. It also is compatible with standard TTL logic and supply voltage levels.
The low-impedance emitter-follower driver outputs of the SN751730 drive terminated lines, such as coaxial cable or twisted pair. Having the outputs uncommitted allows wired-OR logic to be performed in party-line applications. Output short-circuit protection is provided by an internal clamping network that turns on when the output voltage drops below approximately 2.5 V.
An open line affects the receiver input as does a low-level input voltage.
All the driver inputs and receiver outputs are in conventional TTL configuration and the gating can be used during power-up and power-down sequences to ensure that no noise is introduced to the line by pulling either DE1 or DE2 to a low level.