|Package | PIN:||D | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meet or Exceed the Requirements of TIA/EIA-422-B, TIA/EIA-423-B, and TIA/EIA-485-A and ITU Recommendations V.10, V.11, X.26, and X.27
- Designed for Multipoint Bus Transmission on Long Bus Lines in Noisy Environments
- 3-State Outputs
- Common-Mode Input Voltage Range of \x9612 V to 12 V
- Input Sensitivity ... ±200 mV
- Input Hysteresis . . . 50 mV Typ
- High Input Impedance . . . 12 k Min
- Operate From Single 5-V Supply
- Low Power Requirements
- Pin-to-Pin Replacement for AM26LS32
THE SN55173 IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS.
Texas Instruments SN75173DR
The SN55173, SN65173, and SN75173 are monolithic quadruple differential line receivers with 3-state outputs. They are designed to meet the requirements of TIA/EIA-422-B, TIA/EIA-423-B, TIA/EIA-485-A, and several ITU recommendations. The standards are for balanced multipoint bus transmission at rates up to 10 megabits per second. The four receivers share two OR enable inputs, one active when high, the other active when low. These devices feature high input impedance, input hysteresis for increased noise immunity, and input sensitivity of ±200 mV over a common-mode input voltage range of \x9612 V to 12 V. Fail-safe design specifies that if the inputs are open circuited, the outputs are always high. The SN65173 and SN75173 are designed for optimum performance when used with the SN75172 or SN75174 quad differential line drivers.
The SN55173 is characterized over the full military temperature range of \x9655°C to 125°C. The SN65173 is characterized for operation from \x9640°C to 85°C. The SN75173 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.