|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-422-B and RS-485 and ITU Recommendation V.11.
- Designed for Multipoint Transmission on Long Bus Lines in Noisy Environments
- 3-State Outputs
- Common-Mode Output Voltage Range of
-7 V to 12 V
- Active-High Enable
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Positive- and Negative-Current Limiting
- Operates From Single 5-V Supply
- Low Power Requirements
- Functionally Interchangeable With MC3487
Texas Instruments SN75174DWR
The SN75174 is a monolithic quadruple differential line driver with 3-state outputs. It is designed to meet the requirements of ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-422-B and RS-485 and ITU Recommendation V.11. The device is optimized for balanced multipoint bus transmission at rates up to 4 megabaud. Each driver features wide positive and negative common-mode output voltage ranges making it suitable for party-line applications in noisy environments.
The SN75174 provides positive- and negative-current limiting and thermal shutdown for protection from line fault conditions on the transmission bus line. Shutdown occurs at a junction temperature of approximately 150°C. This device offers optimum performance when used with the SN75173 or SN75175 quadruple differential line receivers.
The SN75174 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.