|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Bidirectional Transceiver
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-422-B and ITU Recommendations V.11
- Designed for Multipoint Transmission on Long Bus Lines in Noisy Environments
- 3-State Driver and Receiver Outputs
- Individual Driver and Receiver Enables
- Wide Positive and Negative Input/Output Bus Voltage Ranges
- Driver Output Capability ±60 mA Max
- Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Driver Positive-Current Limiting and Negative-Current Limiting
- Receiver Input Impedance 12 kΩ Min
- Receiver Input Sensitivity ±200 mV
- Receiver Input Hysteresis 50 mV Typ
- Operates From Single 5-V Supply
- Lower Power Requirements
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments SN75176ADR
The SN75176A differential bus transceiver is a monolithic integrated circuit designedfor bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus-transmission lines. It is designed forbalanced transmission lines and meets ANSI Standard EIA/TIA-422-B and ITU RecommendationV.11.
The SN75176A combines a 3-state differential line driver and a differential input linereceiver, both of which operate from a single 5-V power supply. The driver and receiver haveactive-high and active-low enables, respectively, that can be externally connected together tofunction as a direction control. The driver differential outputs and the receiver differentialinputs are connected internally to form differential input/output (I/O) bus ports that are designedto offer minimum loading to the bus whenever the driver is disabled or VCC = 0. These ports featurewide positive and negative common-mode voltage ranges making the device suitable for party-lineapplications.
The driver is designed to handle loads up to 60 mA of sink or source current. The driverfeatures positive- and negative-current limiting and thermal shutdown for protection from linefault conditions. Thermal shutdown is designed to occur at a junction temperature of approximately150°C. The receiver features a minimum input impedance of 12 kΩ, an input sensitivity of ±200 mV,and a typical input hysteresis of 50 mV.
The SN75176A can be used in transmission-line applications employing the SN75172 andSN75174 quadruple differential line drivers and SN75173 and SN75175 quadruple differential linereceivers.
The SN75176A is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.