|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-422-B, TIA/EIA-485-A, and ITU Recommendation V.11
- Bus Voltage Range...-7 V to 12 V
- Positive- and Negative-Current Limiting
- Driver Output Capability...60 mA Max
- Driver Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Receiver Input Impedance...12 k Min
- Receiver Input Sensitivity...±200 mV
- Receiver Input Hysteresis...50 mV Typ
- Operates From Single 5-V Supply
- Low Power Requirements
Texas Instruments SN75179BD
The SN75179B is a differential driver and receiver pair designed for balanced transmission-line applications and meets TIA/EIA-422-B, TIA/EIA-485-A, and ITU Recommendation V.11. It is designed to improve the performance of full-duplex data communications over long bus lines.
The SN75179B driver output provides limiting for both positive and negative currents. The receiver features high input impedance, input hysteresis for increased noise immunity, and input sensitivity of ±200 mV over a common-mode input voltage range of -7 V to 12V. The driver provides thermal shutdown for protection from line fault conditions. Thermal shutdown is designed to occur at a junction temperature of approximately 150°C. The SN75179B is designed to drive current loads of up to 60 mA maximum.
The SN75179B is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.
H = high level, L = low level, ? = indeterminate