|Package | PIN:||NS | 14|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Single 5-V Supply
- Differential Line Operation
- Dual Channels
- TTL Compatibility
- ±15-V Common-Mode Input Voltage Range
- ±15-V Differential Input Voltage Range
- Individual Channel Strobes
- Built-In Optional Line-Termination Resistor
- Individual Frequency Response Controls
- Designed for Use With Dual Differential Drivers SN55183 and SN75183
- Designed to Be Interchangeable With National Semiconductor DS7820A and DS8820A
Texas Instruments SN75182NSR
The SN55182 and SN75182 dual differential line receivers are designed to sense small differential signals in the presence of large common-mode noise. These devices give TTL-compatible output signals as a function of the polarity of the differential input voltage. The frequency response of each channel can be easily controlled by a single external capacitor to provide immunity to differential noise spikes. The output goes to a high level when the inputs are open circuited. A strobe input (STRB) is provided that, when in the low level, disables the receiver and forces the output to a high level.
The receiver is of monolithic single-chip construction, and both halves of the dual circuits use common power-supply and ground terminals.
The SN55182 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of -55°C to 125°C. The SN75182 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.
H = VI >= VIH min or VID more positive than VTH max
L = VI <= VIL max or VID more negative than VTL max
X = irrelevant