|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Single Chip With Easy Interface Between UART and Serial-Port Connector of an External Modem or Other Computer Peripheral
- Five Drivers and Three Receivers Meet or Exceed the Requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU Recommendation V.28
- Designed to Support Data Rates up to 120 kbit/s
- ESD Protection Meets Or Exceeds 10 kV on RS-232 Pins and 5 kV on All Other Pins (Human-Body Model)
- Complement to the SN75185
- Pin-to-Pin Replacement for the Goldstar GD75323
- Functional Replacement for the MC145405
Texas Instruments SN75196DW
The SN75196 combines five drivers and three receivers from the trade-standard SN75188 and SN75189 bipolar quadruple drivers and receivers, respectively. The flow-through design of the SN75196 decreases the part count, reduces the board space required, and allows easy interconnection of the UART and serial-port connector. The all-bipolar circuits and processing of the SN75196 provide a rugged, low-cost solution for this function.
The SN75196 complies with the requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU (formerly CCITT) V.28 standards. These standards are for data interchange between a host computer and peripheral at signal rates of up to 20 kbit/s. The switching speeds of the SN75196 are fast enough to support rates of up to 120 kbit/s with lower capacitive loads (shorter cables). Interoperability at the higher signaling rates cannot be assured unless the designer has design control of the cable and the interface circuits at both ends. For interoperability at signaling rates of up to 120 kbit/s, use of TIA/EIA-423-B (ITU V.10) and TIA/EIA-422-B (ITU V.11) standards are recommended.
The SN75196 is characterized for operation over a temperature range of 0°C to 70°C.