|Package | PIN:||N | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Suitable for IEEE Standard 896 Applications
- SN75ALS056 is an Octal Transceiver
- SN75ALS057 is a Quad Transceiver
- High-Speed Advanced Low-Power Schottky (ALS) Circuitry
- Low Power Dissipation:
- 52.5 mW/Channel Max
- High-Impedance pnp Inputs
- Logic-Level 1-V Bus Swing Reduces Power Consumption
- Trapezoidal Bus Output Waveform Reduces Noise Coupling to Adjacent Lines
- Power-Up/Power-Down Protection
- (Glitch Free)
- Open-Collector Driver Outputs Allow Wired-OR Connections
- Designed to Be a Faster, Lower-Power Functional Equivalent of National DS3896, DS3897
The transceivers are suitable for IEEE Standard 896 applications to the extent of the operating conditions and characteristics specified in this data sheet.
Texas Instruments SN75ALS057N
The SN75ALS056 is an eight-channel, monolithic, high-speed, advanced low-power Schottky (ALS) device designed for two-way data communication in a densely populated backplane. The SN75ALS057 is a four-channel version with independent driver-input (Dn) and receiver-output (Rn) pins and a separate driver disable for each driver (En).
These transceivers feature open-collector driver outputs with series Schottky diodes to reduce capacitive loading to the bus. By using a 2-V pullup termination on the bus, the output signal swing is approximately 1 V, which reduces the power necessary to drive the bus load capacitance. The driver outputs generate trapezoidal waveforms that reduce crosstalk between channels. The drivers are capable of driving an equivalent dc load as low as 18.5 . The receivers have internal low-pass filters to further improve noise immunity.
The SN75ALS056 and SN75ALS057 are characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.