|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Suitable for IEEE Standard 488-1978 (GPIB)
- 8-Channel Bidirectional Transceivers
- High-Speed Advanced Low-Power Schottky (ALS) Circuitry
- Low Power Dissipation . . . 46 mW Max Per Channel
- Fast Propagation Times . . . 20 ns Max
- High-Impedance pnp Inputs
- Receiver Hysteresis . . . 650 mV Typ
- Open-Collector Driver Output Option
- No Loading of Bus When Device Is Powered Down (VCC = 0)
- Power-Up/Power-Down Protection (Glitch Free)
Texas Instruments SN75ALS160DWR
The SN75ALS160 eight-channel general-purpose interface bus transceivers are monolithic, high-speed, advanced low-power Schottky (ALS) devices designed for two-way data communications over single-ended transmission lines. This device is designed to meet the requirements of IEEE Standard 488-1978. The transceivers feature driver outputs that can be operated in either the passive-pullup or 3-state mode. If talk enable (TE) is high, these ports have the characteristics of passive-pullup outputs when pullup enable (PE) is low and of 3-state outputs when PE is high. Taking TE low places these ports in the high-impedance state. The driver outputs are designed to handle loads up to 48 mA of sink current.
An active turn-off feature has been incorporated into the bus-terminating resistors so that the device exhibits a high impedance to the bus when VCC = 0. When combined with the SN75ALS161 or SN75ALS162 bus management transceiver, the pair provides the complete 16-wire interface for the IEEE-488 bus.
The SN75ALS160 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.