|Package | PIN:||N | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Suitable for IEEE Standard 488-1978 (GPIB)
- 8-Channel Bidirectional Transceivers
- Designed to Implement Control Bus Interface
- Designed for Single Controller
- High-Speed Advanced Low-Power Schottky Circuitry
- Low Power Dissipation . . . 46 mW Max Per Channel
- Fast Propagation Times . . . 20 ns Max
- High-Impedance pnp Inputs
- Receiver Hysteresis . . . 650 mV Typ
- Bus-Terminating Resistors Provided on Driver Outputs
- No Loading of Bus When Device Is Powered Down (VCC = 0)
- Power-Up/Power-Down Protection (Glitch Free)
Texas Instruments SN75ALS161N
The SN75ALS161 eight-channel general-purpose interface bus transceivers are high-speed, advanced low-power Schottky-process devices designed to provide the bus-management and data-transfer signals between operating units of a single-controller instrumentation system. When combined with the SN75ALS160 octal bus transceivers, this device provides a complete 16-wire interface for the IEEE 488 bus.
The SN75ALS161 device features eight driver-receiver pairs connected in a front-to-back configuration to form input/output (I/O) ports at both the bus and terminal sides. The direction of data through these driver-receiver pairs is determined by the direction-control (DC) and talk-enable (TE) signals.
The driver outputs general-purpose interface bus (GPIB I/O ports) feature active bus-terminating resistor circuits designed to provide a high impedance to the bus when VCC = 0. The drivers are designed to handle sink-current loads up to 48 mA. Each receiver features pnp transistor inputs for high input impedance and hysteresis of 400 mV on the commercial part, and 250 mV on the military part, minimum, for increased noise immunity. All receivers have 3-state outputs, to present a high impedance to the terminal when disabled.
The SN75ALS161 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.