|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-422-B and RS-485 and ITU Recommendation V.11
- High-Speed Advanced Low-Power Schottky Circuitry
- Designed for 20-MBaud Operation in Both Serial and Parallel Applications
- Designed for Multipoint Transmission on Long Bus Lines in Noisy Environments
- Low Supply-Current Requirements: 55mAMax
- Wide Positive and Negative Input/Output Bus-Voltage Ranges
- Driver Output Capacity...±60 mA
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Driver Positive and Negative Current Limiting
- Logically Interchangeable With SN75172
Texas Instruments SN75ALS172ADWR
The SN75ALS172A comprises four line drivers with 3-state differential outputs. They are designed to meet the requirements of ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-422-B and RS-485 and ITU Recommendation V.11. This device is optimized for balanced multipoint bus transmission at rates of up to 20 Mbaud. Each driver features wide positive and negative common-mode output voltage ranges, making it suitable for party-line applications in noisy environments.
The SN75ALS172A provides positive- and negative-current limiting and thermal shutdown for protection from line-fault conditions on the transmission bus line. Shutdown occurs at a junction temperature of approximately 150°C.
The SN75ALS172A is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.
H = high level, L = low level, X = irrelevant, Z = high impedance (off)