|Package | PIN:||N | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of ANSI EIA/TIA-422-B and RS-485
- High-Speed Advanced Low-Power Schottky Circuitry
- Designed for up to 20-Mbit/s Operation in Both Serial and Parallel Applications
- Designed for Multipoint Transmission on Long Bus Lines in Noisy Environments
- Low Supply Current Requirements 55 mA Max
- Wide Positive and Negative Input/Output Bus Voltage Ranges
- Driver Output Capacity: 60 mA
- Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Driver Positive- and Negative-Current Limiting
- Functionally Interchangeable With SN75174
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments SN75ALS174AN
The SN75ALS174A is a quadruple line driver with tri-state differential outputs. It isdesigned to meet the requirements of ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-422-B and RS-485. This device isoptimized for balanced multipoint bus transmission at rates of up to 20 Mbit/s.
Each driver features wide positive and negative common-mode output voltage ranges thatmake them suitable for party-line applications in noisy environments.
The SN75ALS174A provides positive- and negative-current limiting and thermal shutdown forprotection from line fault conditions on the transmission bus line. Shutdown occurs at a junctiontemperature of approximately 150°C.
The SN75ALS174A is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.