|Package | PIN:||D | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of ITU Recommendations V.10, V.11, X.26, and X.27
- Designed to Operate Up To 20 Mbaud
- -7 V to 7 V Common-Mode Input Voltage Range With 300-mV Sensitivity
- 3-State TTL-Compatible Outputs
- High Input Impedance . . . 12 k Min
- Input Hysteresis . . . 120 mV Typ
- Single 5-V Supply Operation
- Low Supply Current Requirement
35 mA Max
- Improved Speed and Power Consumption Compared to MC3486
Texas Instruments SN75ALS199D
The SN75ALS199 is a monolithic, quadruple line receiver with 3-state outputs designed using advanced, low-power, Schottky technology. This technology provides combined improvements in bar design, tooling production, and wafer fabrication, providing significantly less power consumption and permitting much higher data throughput than other designs. The device meets the specification of ITU Recommendations V.10, V.11, X.26, and X.27.
The SN75ALS199 features 3-state outputs that permit direct connection to a bus-organized system with a fail-safe design that ensures the ouptuts will always be high if the inputs are open. The device is optimized for balanced multipoint bus transmission at rates up to 20 megabits per second. The input features high-input impedance, input hysteresis for increased noise immunity, and an input sensitivity of ±300 mV over a common-mode input voltage range of ±7 V. It also features an active-high enable function for each of two receiver pairs. The SN75ALS199 is designed for optimum performance when used with the SN75ALS194 quadruple, differential line driver.
The SN75ALS199 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.