|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Operates With a 3-V to 5.5-V Supply
- Consumes Less Than 90-mW Quiescent Power
- Open-Circuit, Short-Circuit, and Idle-Bus Failsafe
- 1/8th Unit-Load (up to 256 nodes on the bus)
- Bus-Pin ESD Protection Exceeds 16-kV HBM
- Driver Output Voltage Slew-Rate Limited for
Optimum Signal Quality at 10 Mbps
- Electrically Compatible With ANSI TIA/EIA-485
Texas Instruments SN75HVD08D
The SN65HVD08 combines a 3-state differential line driver and differential line receiver designed for balanced data transmission and interoperation with ANSI TIA/EIA-485-A and ISO-8482E standard-compliant devices.
The wide supply voltage range and low quiescent current requirements allow the SN65HVD08s to operate from a 5-V power bus in the cable with as much as a 2-V line voltage drop. Busing power in the cable can alleviate the need for isolated power to be generated at each connection of a ground-isolated bus.
The driver differential outputs and receiver differential inputs connect internally to form a differential input/output (I/O) bus port that is designed to offer minimum loading to the bus whenever the driver is disabled or not powered. The drivers and receivers have active-high and active-low enables respectively, which can be externally connected together to function as a direction control.