|Package | PIN:||DB | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Three Differential Transceivers in One Package
- Signaling Rates Up to 30 Mbps
- Low Power and High Speed
- Designed for TIA/EIA-485, TIA/EIA-422, ISO 8482, and ANSI X3.277 (HVD SCSI Fast-20) Applications
- Common-Mode Bus Voltage Range 7 V to 12 V
- ESD Protection on Bus Terminals Exceeds 12 kV
- Driver Output Current up to ±60 mA
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Driver Positive and Negative Current Limiting
- Power-Up, Power-Down Glitch-Free Operation
- Pin-Compatible With the SN75ALS170
- Available in Shrink Small-Outline Package
Texas Instruments SN75LBC170DB
The SN65LBC170 and SN75LBC170 are monolithic integrated circuits designed for bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus-transmission lines. Potential applications include serial or parallel data transmission, cabled peripheral buses with twin axial, ribbon, or twisted-pair cabling. These devices are suitable for FAST-20 SCSI and can transmit or receive data pulses as short as 25 ns, with skew less than 3 ns.
These devices combine three 3-state differential line drivers and three differential input line receivers, all of which operate from a single 5-V power supply.
The driver differential outputs and the receiver differential inputs are connected internally to form three differential input/output (I/O) bus ports that are designed to offer minimum loading to the bus whenever the driver is disabled or VCC = 0. These ports feature a wide common-mode voltage range making the device suitable for party-line applications over long cable runs.
The drivers active-high enable and the receivers active-low enable are tied together internally and provide a direction input for each driver/receiver pair.
The SN75LBC170 is characterized for operation over the temperature range of 0°C to 70°C. The SN65LBC170 is characterized for operation over the temperature range of 40°C to 85°C.