|Package | PIN:||D | 14|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- High-Speed Low-Power LinBICMOS™ Circuitry Designed for Signaling Rates(1) of up to 30 Mbps
- Bus-Pin ESD Protection 15 kV HBM
- Low Disabled Supply-Current Requirements: 700 µA Maximum
- Designed for High-Speed Multipoint Data Transmission Over Long Cables
- Common-Mode Voltage Range of -7 V to 12 V
- Low Supply Current: 15 mA Max
- Compatible With ANSI Standard TIA/EIA-485-A and ISO 8482:1987(E)
- Positive and Negative Output Current Limiting
- Driver Thermal Shutdown Protection
(1) Signaling rate by TIA/EIA-485-A definition restrict transition times to 30% of the bit duration, and much higher signaling rates may be achieved without this requirement as displayed in the TYPICAL CHARACTERISTICS of this device.
LinBICMOS is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments SN75LBC180AD
The SN65LBC180A and SN75LBC180A differential driver and receiver pairs are monolithic integrated circuits designed for bidirectional data communication over long cables that take on the characteristics of transmission lines. They are balanced, or differential, voltage mode devices that are compatible with ANSI standard TIA/EIA-485-A and ISO 8482:1987(E). The A version offers improved switching performance over its predecessors without sacrificing significantly more power.
These devices combine a differential line driver and differential input line receiver and operate from a single 5-V power supply. The driver differential outputs and the receiver differential inputs are connected to separate terminals for full-duplex operation and are designed to present minimum loading to the bus when powered off (VCC = 0). These parts feature wide positive and negative common-mode voltage ranges, making them suitable for point-to-point or multipoint data bus applications. The devices also provide positive and negative current limiting for protection from line fault conditions. The SN65LBC180A is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C, and the SN75LBC180A is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.