|Package | PIN:||DB | 28|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Single IC and Single 5-V Supply Interface for Serial Communication Ports
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-232-E-1991, EIA/TIA-562, and ITU Recommendation V.28
- Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter Eliminates Need for ±12-V Supplies
- Voltage Converter Operates With Low Capacitance . . . 0.1 uF Min
- Designed for Data Rates up to 120 kb/s Over 3-m Cable
- Available in Shrink Small-Outline 25-mil- Pitch Package
- Shutdown Mode to Save Power When Not in Use
- ±30-V Receiver Input Voltage Range
- LinBiCMOSTM Process Technology
- Laptop or Notebook Computers
- Portable Terminals
- Single-Board Computers
- Portable Test Equipment
LinBiCMOS and LinASIC are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments SN75LBC187DBR
The SN75LBC187 is a low-power LinBiCMOSTM device containing three drivers, five receivers, and a switched-capacitor voltage converter. The SN75LBC187 provides a single chip and single 5-V supply interface between the asynchronous communications element and the serial port connector of the data terminal equipment (DTE). This device has been designed to conform to ANSI Standards EIA/TIA-232-E, EIA/TIA-562, and ITU recommendation V.28.
The switched-capacitor voltage converter of the SN75LBC187 uses four small external capacitors to generate the positive and negative voltages required by EIA/TIA-232-E (and V.28) line drivers from a single 5-V input. The drivers feature output slew-rate limiting to eliminate the need for external filter capacitors. The receivers can accept ±30 V without damage. The device also features a reduced power or shutdown mode that cuts the quiescent power to the IC when not transmitting data between the CPU and peripheral.
The SN75LBC187 has been designed using LinBiCMOSTM technology and cells contained in the Texas Instruments LinASICTM library. The SN75LBC187 is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C.
This device includes circuit designs and process technologies that have patents pending.