|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Supports a 9-Pin GeoPortTM Host Interface Standard for the Intelligent Network Port
- Designed to Operate up to 4-Mbit/s Full Duplex
- ±5 V Supply Operation
- Provides 6 kV ESD Protection
- Has Driver Short-Circuit Protection
- Includes Failsafe Mechanism for Open Inputs
- Is Backward Compatible with AppleTalkTM and LocalTalkTM
- Combines Multiple Components into a Single Chip Solution
- Complements the SN75LBC772 9-Pin GeoPort Peripheral (DCE) Interface Device
- Uses LinBiCMOSTM Process Technology
GeoPort, LocalTalk, and AppleTalk are trademarks of Apple Computer, Incorporated.
LinBICMOS is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
Texas Instruments SN75LBC771DW
The SN75LBC771 is a low-power LinBiCMOSTM device that incorporates the drivers and receivers for a 9-pin GeoPort host interface. GeoPort combines hybrid EIA/TIA-422-B and EIA/TIA-423-B drivers and receivers to transmit data up to four-Mbit/s full duplex. GeoPort is a serial communications standard that is intended to replace the RS-232, AppleTalk, and printer ports all in one connector in addition to providing real-time data transfer capability. The SN75LBC771 provides point-to-point connections between GeoPort-compatible devices with data transmission rates up to 4-Mbit/s full duplex featuring a hot-plug capability. Applications include connection to telephone, ISDN, digital sound and imaging, fax-data modems, and other traditional serial and parallel connections. The GeoPort is backwardly compatible to both LocalTalk and AppleTalk.
While the SN75LBC771 is powered off (VCC and VEE = 0), the outputs are in a high-impedance state. Also, when the shutdown (SHDN) terminal is high, all outputs go into a high-impedance state. A logic high on the driver enable (DEN\) terminal places the outputs of the differential driver into a high-impedance state. All drivers and receivers have fail-safe mechanisms that ensure a high output state when the inputs are left open.
The SN75LBC771 is characterized for operation over the 0°C to 70°C temperature range.
H = high level, L = low level, X = irrelevant, ? = indeterminate, Z = high impedance (off)
-0.2 V < VID < 0.2 V