|Package | PIN:||DB | 28|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Single-Chip and Single-Supply Interface for IBM PC/ATTM Serial Port
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU v.11 Standards
- Operates With 3.3-V or 5-V Supplies
- One Receiver Remains Active During Standby (Wake-up Mode)
- Designed to Operate at 128 kbit/s Over a 3-m Cable
- Low Standby Current...5 uA Max
- ESD Protection on RS-232 Pins Meets or Exceeds 4 kV (HBM) and 1.5 kV (HBM) on All Pins Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015
- External Capacitors...0.1 uF
- (VCC = 3.3 V...Five External Capacitors)
- (VCC = 5 V...Four External Capacitors)
- Accepts 5-V Logic Input With 3.3-V Supply
- RS-232 Interface
- Battery-Powered Systems, PDAs
- Notebook, Laptop, and Palmtop PCs
- External Modems and Hand-Held Terminals
- Packaged in Shrink Small-Outline Package
IBM and PC/AT are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation.
Texas Instruments SN75LV4737ADB
The SN75LV4737A consists of three line drivers, five line receivers, and a charge-pump circuit. It provides the electrical interface between an asynchronous communication controller and the serial-port connector, and meets the requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F. This combination of drivers and receivers matches those needed for the typical serial port used in an IBM PC/AT or compatibles. The charge pump and five small external capacitors allow operation from a single 3.3-V supply, and four capacitors allow operation from a 5-V supply.
The device has flexible control options for power management when the serial port is inactive. A common disable for all of the drivers and receivers is provided with the active-high STBY input. The active-low EN\ input is an enable for one receiver to implement a wake-up feature for the serial port. All the logic inputs can accept signals from controllers operating from a 5-V supply, even though the SN75LV4737A is operating from 3.3 V.
The SN75LV4737A is characterized for operation over the temperature range of 0°C to 70°C.