|Package | PIN:||RTJ | 20|
|Temp:||S (0 to 85)|
- Supports SATA 1.5 Gbps and 3.0 Gbps Data Rates
- SATA Hot-Plug Capable
- Supports Common-Mode Biasing for OOB Signaling with Fast Turn-On
- Channel Selectable Output Pre-Emphasis
- 7dB Fixed Receiver Equalization
- Integrated Termination
- Low Power
- <200 mW (typ) in Active Mode
- <20 mW (typ) in Auto Low Power Mode
- 2.1 mW (max) in Standby Mode
- Excellent Jitter and Loss Compensation Capability to Over 20 Inch FR4 Trace
- High Protection Against ESD Transient
- HBM: 12000 V
- CDM: 1500 V
- MM: 200 V
- IEC 61000-4-2 Qualified (on eSATA connector pins)
- ±8 kV Contact Discharge
- ±15 kV Air Discharge
- 20-Pin QFN Package
- Pin Compatible to MAX4951
- Notebooks, Desktops, Docking Stations, Set Top Box, Servers, and Workstations
Texas Instruments SN75LVCP412ARTJT
The SN75LVCP412A is a dual channel, single lane SATA redriver and signal conditioner supporting data rates up to 3.0 Gbps that complies with SATA specification revision 2.6.
The SN75LVCP412A operates from a single 3.3-V supply. Integrated 100- line termination with self-biasing make the device suitable for AC coupling. The inputs incorporate an OOB detector which automatically turns the differential outputs off while maintaining a stable output common-mode voltage compliant to SATA link. The device is also designed to handle SSC transmission per the SATA specification.
The SN75LVCP412A handles interconnect losses at both its input and output. The built-in transmitter pre-emphasis feature is capable of applying 0 dB or 2.5 dB of relative amplification at higher frequencies to counter the expected interconnect loss. On the receive side, the device applies a fixed equalization of 7 dB to boost input frequencies near 1.5 GHz. Collectively, the input equalization and output pre-emphasis features of the device work to fully restore SATA signal integrity over extended cable and backplane pathways.
The device is hot-plug capable(1) preventing device damage under hot-insertion such as async signal plug/removal, unpowered plug/removal, powered plug/removal, or surprise plug/removal.