|Package | PIN:||RTJ | 20|
|Temp:||S (0 to 85)|
- Data Rates up to 3.0 Gbps
- SATA Gen 2.6, eSATA Compliant
- SATA Hot-Plug Capable
- Supports Common-Mode Biasing for OOB Signaling with Fast Turn-On
- Channel Selectable Pre-Emphasis
- Fixed Receiver Equalization
- Integrated Termination
- Low Power
- <200 mW Typ
- <5 mW (in sleep mode)
- Excellent Jitter and Loss Compensation Capability to Over 20 Inch FR4 Trace
- 20-Pin 4 × 4 QFN Package
- Notebooks, Desktops, Docking Stations, Servers, Workstations
Texas Instruments SN75LVCP412RTJR
The SN75LVCP412 is a dual channel, single lane SATA redriver and signal conditioner supporting data rates up to 3.0 Gbps. The device complies with SATA specification revision 2.6 and eSATA requirements.
The SN75LVCP412 operates from a single 3.3-V supply and has 100-Ω line termination with self-biasing feature making the device suitable for AC coupling. The inputs incorporate an OOB detector, which automatically squelches the output while maintaining a stable output common-mode voltage compliant to SATA link. The device is also designed to handle SSC transmission per the SATA specification.
The SN75LVCP412 handles interconnect losses at both its input and output. The built-in transmitter pre-emphasis feature is capable of applying 0 dB or 2.5 dB of relative amplification at higher frequencies to counter the expected interconnect loss. On the receive side the device applies a fixed equalization of 7 dB to boost input frequencies near 1.5 GHz. Collectively, the input equalization and output pre-emphasis features of the device work to fully restore SATA signal integrity over extended cable and backplane pathways.
The device is hot-plug capable(1) preventing device damage under device hot-insertion such as async signal plug/removal, unpowered plug/removal, powered plug/removal, or surprise plug/removal.
(1) Requires use of AC coupling capacitors at differential inputs and outputs.