|Package | PIN:||DRF | 8|
|Temp:||S (0 to 85)|
- SATA Express Support
- Selectable Equalization and De-Emphasis
- Hot Plug Capable
- Receiver Detect and OOB Support
- Multirate Operation
- SATA: 1.5 Gpbs, 3.0 Gpbs, 6.0 Gpbs
- PCIe: 2.5 Gbps, 5.0 Gbps, 8.0 Gbps
- Suitable to Receive 8.0 Gbps Data Over Up to 40 Inches (1.0 Meter) of FR4 PC Board
- Compensates Up to 14-dB Loss on the Receive Side and 1.2dB Loss on the Transmit Side at 3 GHz
- Integrated Output Squelch
- Temperature range 0°C – 85°C
- Auto Low Power Feature Lowers Power by > 90%
- < 100 mW (Active Mode, Typical)
- < 11 mW (Auto Low Power Mode, Typical)
- Single 3.3-V Supply
- High Protection Against ESD Transient
- HBM: 6 kV
- CDM: 1.5 kV
- Ultra-Small Footprint: 2 mm × 2 mm WSON Package
Texas Instruments SN75LVPE801DRFR
The SN75LVPE801 is a versatile single channel, SATA Express signal conditioner supporting data rates up to 8 Gbps. The device supports SATA Gen 1, 2, and 3 specifications as well as PCIe 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0. The SN75LVPE801 operates from a single 3.3-V supply and has 100-Ω line termination with self-biasing feature, making the device suitable for AC coupling. The inputs incorporate an out-of-band (OOB) detector, which automatically squelches the output when the input differential voltage falls below threshold while maintaining a stable common-mode voltage. The device is also designed to handle spread spectrum clocking (SSC) transmission per SATA standard.
The SN75LVPE801 handles interconnect losses at its input with selectable equalization settings that can be programmed to match the loss in the channel. For data rates of 8 Gbps and lower the SN75LVPE801 equalizes signals for a span of up to 50 inches of FR4 board material. For data rates of 8 Gbps the device compensates up to 40 in of FR4 material. The equalization level is controlled by the setting of the signal control pin EQ.
Two de-emphasis levels can be selected on the transmit side to provide 0 dB or 1.2 dB of additional high-frequency loss compensation at the output.
The device is hot-plug capable(1) preventing device damage under device -insertion such as async signal plug and removal, unpowered plug and removal, powered plug and removal, or surprise plug and removal.