|Package | PIN:||DBT | 38|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Audio Input/Output
- Automatic Master Clock Rate and Data Sample Rate Detection
- Four Serial Audio Inputs (Eight Channels)
- Support for 32-, 44.1-, 48-, 88.2-, 96-, 176.4-, and 192-kHz Sampling Rates
- Data Formats: 16-, 20-, or 24-Bit Input Data; Left-Justified, Right-Justified, and I2S
- 64- or 48-fS Bit-Clock Rate
- 128-, 192-, 256-, 384-, and 512-fS Master Clock Rates (Up to a Maximum of 50 MHz)
- Six PWM Audio Output Channels
- Any Output Channel Can be Mapped to Any Output Pin
- Supports Single-Ended and Bridge-Tied Loads
- I2S Serial Audio Output
- Audio Processing
- Volume Control Range of 48 dB to -100 dB
- Master Volume Control from 24 dB to -100 dB in 0.5-dB Increments
- Six Individual Channel Volume Controls With 24-dB to -100-dB Attenuation in 0.5-dB Increments
- Serial Output Can Be Produced by Downmix of 5.1-Channel Input or Fourth Serial Input
- 5.1-Channel Downmix to 2.1 or 3.1 PWM Output Speaker System
- Integrated Bass Management
- Two Programmable Biquads in Subwoofer Channel
- Full Six-Channel Input and Output Mapping
- Selectable DC Blocking Filters
- PWM Processing
- 8× Oversampling With Fourth-Order Noise Shaping at 44.1, 48 kHz; 4× Oversampling at 88.2, 96 kHz; 2× Oversampling at 176.4, 192 kHz; and 12× Oversampling at 32 kHz
- ≥105-dB Dynamic Range (TAS5086+TAS5186)
- THD < 0.06% (TAS5086 Only)
- 20-Hz20-kHz Flat Noise Floor for 44.1-, 48-, 88.2-, 96-, 176.4- and 192-kHz Data Rates
- Digital De-Emphasis for 32-kHz, 44.1-kHz and 48-kHz Data Rates
- Intelligent AM Interference Avoidance System Provides Clear AM Reception
- Optimized PWM Sequence for Click- and Popless Start and Stop
- Optimized PWM Sequence for Charging of AC-Coupling Capacitors in Single-Ended Configurations
- Adjustable Modulation Limit From 93.8% to 99.2%
- General Features
- Automated Operation With Easy-to-Use Control Interface
- I2C Serial Control Slave Interface
- Control Interface Operational Without MCLK
- Single 3.3-V Power Supply
- 38-Pin TSSOP Package
PurePath Digital Is a trademark of Texas Instruments
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TAS5086DBT
The TAS5086 is a six-channel digital pulse-width modulator (PWM) that provides both advanced performance and a high level of system integration. The TAS5086 is designed to interface seamlessly with most audio digital signal processors and MPEG decoders, accepting a wide range of input data and clock formats.
The TAS5086 drives six channels of speakers in either single-ended or bridge-tied load configurations that accept a 1N + 1 interface format. The TAS5086 also supports 2N + 1 power stages with the use of some external logic (e.g., TAS5112). Stereo line out in I2S format is available with either a pass-through signal (SDIN4) or an internal downmix.
The TAS5086 uses AD modulation operating at a 384-kHz switching rate for 32-, 44.1-, 48-, 88.2-, 96-, 176.4-, and 192-kHz data. The 8× oversampling, combined with the 4th-order noise shaper, provides a broad, flat noise floor and excellent dynamic range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
The TAS5086 is only an I2C slave device, which always receives MCLK, SCLK, and LRCLK from other system components. The TAS5086 accepts clock rates of 128, 192, 256, 384, and 512 fS. The TAS5086 accepts a 64-fS master clock for 176.4-kHz and 192-kHz data.
The TAS5086 accepts a 64-fS bit clock for all data rates. The TAS5086 also can accept a 48-fS SCLK rate for MCLK ratios of 192 fS and 384 fS.
The TAS5086 is composed of five functional blocks.
- Power supply
- Clock, PLL, and serial data interface
- Serial control interface
- Device control
- PWM section
For detailed application information, see the Using the PurePath Digital PWM Processor application report (SLEA046).