|Package | PIN:||PHP | 48|
|Temp:||S (0 to 85)|
- Audio Input/Output
- 20-W Into an 8- Load From an 18-V Supply
- Wide PVDD Range, From 8 V to 26 V
- Efficient Class-D Operation Eliminates Need for Heatsinks
- One Serial Audio Input (Two Audio Channels)
- 2.1 Mode (2 SE + 1 BTL)
- 2.0 Mode (2 BTL)
- Single-Filter PBTL Mode Support
- I2C Address Selection Pin (Chip Select)
- Supports 8-kHz to 48-kHz Sample Rate (LJ/RJ/I2S)
- Audio/PWM Processing
- Independent Channel Volume Controls With 24-dB to Mute
- Separate Dynamic Range Control for Satellite and Subchannels
- 21 Programmable Biquads for Speaker EQ and Other Audio Processing Features
- Programmable Coefficients for DRC Filters
- DC Blocking Filters
- Support for 3D Effects
- General Features
- Serial Control Interface Operational Without MCLK
- Factory-Trimmed Internal Oscillator for Automatic Rate Detection
- Surface Mount, 48-Pin, 7-mm × 7-mm HTQFP Package
- Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
- Support for AD or BD Mode
- Up to 90% Efficient
- AD and BD Filter Mode Support
- SNR: 106 dB, A-Weighted
- EQ: Speaker Equalization Improves Audio Performance
- DRC: Dynamic Range Compression. Can Be Used As Power Limiter. Enables
Speaker Protection, Easy Listening, Night-Mode Listening.
- Separate DRC for Satellite and Subchannels
- Autobank Switching: Preload Coefficients for Different Sample Rates.
No Need to Write new Coefficients to the Part When Sample Rate Changes.
- Autodetect: Automatically Detects Sample-Rate Changes. No Need for
External Microprocessor Intervention
- Requires Only 3.3 V and PVDD
- iPod™ Dock
- Sound Bar
iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Texas Instruments TAS5711PHPR
The TAS5711 is a 20-W, efficient, digital audio power amplifier for driving stereo bridge-tied speakers. One serial data input allows processing of up to two discrete audio channels and seamless integration to most digital audio processors and MPEG decoders. The device accepts a wide range of input data and data rates. A fully programmable data path routes these channels to the internal speaker drivers.
The TAS5711 is an I2S slave-only device receiving all clocks from external sources. The TAS5711 operates with a PWM carrier between 384-kHz switching rate and 352-KHz switching rate depending on the input sample rate. Oversampling combined with a fourth-order noise shaper provides a flat noise floor and excellent dynamic range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.