|Package | PIN:||DCA | 48|
|Temp:||S (0 to 85)|
- Audio Input/Output
- 10 W x 2 into 8 Ω With PVDD = 24 V
- 8 W × 2 + 12 W × 1 into 8 Ω With PVDD = 24 V
- Supports 2.0, Single Device 2.1, and Mono Modes
- Supports 8-kHz to 48-kHz Sample Rate (LJ/RJ/I2S)
- Integrated DirectPath™ Headphone Amplifier and 2 VRMS Line Driver
- Audio/PWM Processing
- Independent Channel Volume Controls With 24-dB to Mute in 0.5 dB Steps
- Separate Dynamic Range Control for Satellite and Sub Channels
- 21 Programmable Biquads for Speaker EQ
- Programmable Two-Band Dynamic Range Control
- Support for 3D Effects
- General Features
- I2C™ Serial Control Interface Operational Without MCLK
- Configurable I2C Address (0x34 or 0x36)
- Automatic Sample Rate Detection
- Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
- Wide PVDD Supply Range (4.5 V to 24 V)
Texas Instruments TAS5721DCAR
The TAS5721 is an efficient, digital-input audio amplifier for driving 2.0 speaker systems configured as a bridge tied load (BTL), 2.1 systems with two satellite speakers and one subwoofer, or in PBTL systems driving a single speaker configured as a parallel bridge tied load (PBTL). One serial data input allows processing of up to two discrete audio channels and seamless integration to most digital audio processors and MPEG decoders. The device accepts a wide range of input data formats and sample rates. A fully programmable data path routes these channels to the internal speaker drivers.
The TAS5721 is a slave-only device, receiving all clocks from external sources. The TAS5721 operates with a PWM carrier frequency between a 384-kHz switching rate and a 288-KHz switching rate, depending on the input sample rate. Oversampling, combined with a fourth-order noise shaper, provides a flat noise floor and excellent dynamic range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
An integrated ground centered DirectPath™ combination headphone amplifier and 2VRMS line driver is integrated in the TAS5721.