|Package | PIN:||DKQ | 56|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Audio Inputs
- 4 Channel I2S or 4/8-Channel TDMInput
- Input Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz
- InputFormats: 16-bit to 32-bit I2S, andTDM
- Audio Outputs
- Four-Channel Bridge-Tied Load (BTL), With Option of Parallel BTL(PBTL)
- Up to 2.1 MHz Output Switching Frequency
- 27W, 10% THD Into 4 Ω at 14.4 V
- 27W, 10% THD Into 2 Ω at 14.4 V
- 80 W, 10% THD Into 2 Ω at 18 VPBTL
- Audio Performance Into 4 Ω at 14.4 V
- THD+N < 0.03% at 1 W
- 42µVRMS Output Noise
- –90 dB Crosstalk
- Load Diagnostics
- Output Openand Shorted Load
- Output-to-Battery or Ground Shorts
- LineOutput Detection Up to 6 kΩ
- Runs Without Input Clocks
- ACDiagnostic for Tweeter detection
- Output CurrentLimiting
- Output Short Protection
- 40 V LoadDump
- Open Ground and Power Tolerant
- Undervoltage andOvervoltage
- General Operation
- EVM Passes CISPR25-L5 EMC Specification
- 4.5 Vto 18 V Supplyvoltage
- I2C Control With 4 AddressOptions
- Clip Detection and ThermalWarning
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TAS6424LQDKQRQ1
The TAS6424L-Q1 device is a four-channeldigital-input Class-D audio amplifier designed for use in automotive head units and externalamplifier modules. The device provides four channels at 27 W into 4 Ω at 10% THD+N and27 W into 2 Ω at10% THD+N from a 14.4 V supply . The Class-D topology dramatically improves efficiency over traditional linearamplifier solutions. The output switching frequency can be set either above the AM band, whicheliminates the AM-band interference and reduces output filtering and cost, or below AM band tooptimize efficiency.
The wide supply-voltage range from 4.5 V to 18 V helps minimizeaudio artefacts in start-stop applications
The device incorporates all the functionality required to perform in the demanding OEMapplications area. The device has a built-in load diagnostic function for detecting and diagnosingmisconnected outputs as well as detection AC-coupled tweeters to help to reduce test time duringthe manufacturing process.
The device is offered in a 56-pin HSSOP PowerPAD™ package with the exposed thermal pad up.
For a pin compatible two-channel devices see theTAS6422-Q1 device.