|Package | PIN:||RGE | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- I2C to Parallel Port Expander
- Wide Power Supply Voltage Range of 1.65 V to 5 V
- Low Standby-Current Consumption
- Open-Drain Active-Low Interrupt Output
- 5-V Tolerant I/O Ports
- 400-kHz Fast I2C Bus
- Polarity Inversion Register
- Address by Three Hardware Address Pins for Use of up to Eight Devices
- Latched Outputs With High-Current Drive Capability for Directly Driving LEDs
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
- 1000-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TCA9535RGER
The TCA9535 is a 24-pin device that provides 16 bits of general purpose parallel input and output (I/O) expansion for the two-line bidirectional I2C bus or (SMBus) protocol. The device can operate with a power supply voltage ranging from 1.65 V to 5.5 V.
The TCA9535 consists of two 8-bit Configuration (input or output selection), Input Port, Output Port, and Polarity Inversion (active-high or active-low operation) registers. At power on, the I/Os are configured as inputs. The system master can enable the I/Os as either inputs or outputs by writing to the I/O configuration bits.
The TCA9535 is identical to the TCA9555, except that the TCA9535 does not include the internal I/O pull-up resistor, which requires pull-ups and pull-downs on unused I/O pins when configured as an input and undriven.